Eyebrows Raised Over Seemingly Unbothered Way Jayden Daniels’ Teammates Reacted To His Gruesome Injury

Jayden Daniels injury
Jayden Daniels suffered a dislocated elbow for the second consecutive season

Commanders quarterback Jayden Daniels suffered a dislocated elbow against the Cowboys during Washington’s Week 2 loss in Dallas. The reaction of his teammates has raised the eyebrows of NFL fans on social media.

Jayden Daniels suffered the injury on the final play of the first half, with the Commanders trailing 17-10. Despite being in field goal range to cut Dallas’ lead to four, the Commanders opted to run a pass play, which saw Daniels stumble during his drop back.

As he braced himself with his left arm before falling to the turf, his elbow bent in the opposite direction and dislocated.

Speaking to the media after the game, Commanders head coach Dan Quinn told reporters X-rays did not show a fracture and that Daniels will travel back home with the team to undergo more imaging on Monday.

“Once I know an update that we can move forward with then I’ll give you that,” Quinn said. “Man, are we bummed for him. He was really playing his ass off. We will rally so hard around Marcus (Mariota) until Jayden’s back. That’s what we talked about as a team.”

“I thought looking back on it, at the 1-yard line, we need touchdowns,” Quinn explained about the play Daniels got injured on.

“I don’t regret that call. Obviously any time someone’s injured you play the ‘what if’ game. I don’t think this is one of those times for me. I hate that it happened. … I wasn’t hesitant about going into that spot. We’re going to be aggressive in this game against their offense. So I don’t regret that. Obviously, the outcome sucks. But it wasn’t a ‘what if’ or ‘I wish I had done something differently.’”

NFL fans raise their eyebrows over the Washington Commanders offensive line’s reaction to Jayden Daniels’ injury

After the brutal injury occurred, NFL fans watching the game noticed a seemingly unbothered reaction from the Commanders’ offensive line, who walked off the field without any apparent concern for or interest in Daniels’ condition.

In the season-opener against the Philadelphia Eagles, which the Commanders lost 24-22, Daniels completed 18-34 passes for 164 yards and two touchdowns, while also carrying the ball five times for 31 yards.

In Sunday’s 37-20 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, Daniels completed 11 of 17 passes for 96 yards and a touchdown, and carried the ball seven times for 69 yards, prior to getting injured.

The former Heisman Trophy-winning signal caller, who led the Commanders to the NFC Championship during his rookie season, will likely be sidelined for an extended period of time. Making matters worse for the LSU grad is that it’s the same non-throwing elbow that he dislocated in November of last season. During that previous injury, he missed four weeks before returning, only to quickly reaggravate it and be shut down for the rest of the year.

The post Eyebrows Raised Over Seemingly Unbothered Way Jayden Daniels’ Teammates Reacted To His Gruesome Injury appeared first on BroBible.



Eyebrows Raised Over Seemingly Unbothered Way Jayden Daniels’ Teammates Reacted To His Gruesome Injury
Pinoy Human Rights

Post a Comment

0 Comments