
Caitlin Clark is speaking out after being at the center of several media controversies.
Earlier this week, a USA Today writer, Nancy Armour, bizarrely compared Clark arguing with the refs to a danger to black and LGBTQ WNBA players, because her fans may lynch them like Emmett Till.
It shouldn’t need reminding this country has an awful history of Black people being harmed, even killed, in the name of “defending” white women. The WNBA’s All-Star Game this weekend is in Chicago, Emmett Till’s hometown, and a local art gallery is currently hosting an exhibit imagining his life if he hadn’t been lynched. While it’s incumbent on the WNBA to do more to protect its players, there also should be an expectation on Clark to recognize the wider consequences of her actions.
Ahead of the WNBA All-Star Game, Clark sat down with Holly Rowe to discuss being at the center of the media spotlight.
“I think I have a great performance coach, who obviously helps with basketball. I also have really great people around me who let me vent,” Clark said.
“I think that sometimes, people forget I have feelings. I’m a real individual, I feel things, and I have emotions, and I get emotional, and I get frustrated… and I feel and experience all that.”
Clark reiterated that she has thick skin and tries not to pay attention to all the bizarre stuff happening around her.
“At the same time, I have really thick skin, and I always try to remind myself that social media is not always reality, and that is really lost on people. I think we get so down a rabbit hole all the time that you read all these things and you go ‘Oh that has to be true.'”
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>"Sometimes people forget I have feelings. I'm a real individual."<br><br>Caitlin in an interview with Holly Rowe for SiriuXM NBA Radio! <a href=”https://t.co/Dzmkh3NTKc”>pic.twitter.com/Dzmkh3NTKc</a></p>— caitlin clark source (@CLRKSOURCE) <a href=”https://twitter.com/CLRKSOURCE/status/2080774730877923667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>July 24, 2026</a></blockquote> <script async src=”https://ift.tt/RfYAc1a” charset=”utf-8″></script>
The post Caitlin Clark Reacts To Bizarre Social Media Criticism During WNBA Career appeared first on BroBible.
Caitlin Clark Reacts To Bizarre Social Media Criticism During WNBA Career
Pinoy Human Rights

0 Comments