
TCU football player Jacob Fields was dismissed from the team one week before the season opener. An incident in the Horned Frogs’ locker room led to his departure.
The teammate on the other side of that altercation has now spoken out. He accused Fields of throwing a dirty sucker punch.
Dozie Ezukanma, a veteran wide receiver that’s spent two seasons with the program, opened up on the spat in a now-deleted video posted to social media.
He asserts that Fields was upset with a play at practice. The next day, he decked his teammate in retaliation.
TCU football players fight in locker room.

An aggravated assault was reported on August 14th from the TCU locker room. The case is still open, though details of the melee have since come to light.
We got Fields’ side of the story on Wednesday, the day he was dismissed from the team.
An initial report refuted the assertion that the fight was practice related. It alleged that the safety was being bullied. Fields reported it to coaches, who refused to intervene.
Another source close to Fields and his family clarified those statements later in the week.
The source attributes Fields’ actions to tensions brewing from competitive football and some questionable plays in practice.
The source said the TCU staff was aware of mounting tensions but viewed it as just a part of competitive football in fall camp, not bullying.
Ezukanma’s recollection of events seemed to confirm that clarification. He specifically referenced a hard block at Tuesday’s practice, which he believes upset the senior safety.
“Cause I do you bad at practice, this what you do to your teammates? How you gon’ sucker punch me, bro? That’s your teammate.”
-Dozie Ezukanma
In the now-deleted video, Ezukanma showed the play which he believes sparked the locker room drama. He also proceeded to post a series of practice highlights, one of which showed him tapping Fields on the helmet leading to an exchange of words.
Jacob Fields apologized.
In the social media clip, a text message conversation was publicized. It revealed an apology, presumably from the safety.
“I apologize for how I went about this situation. I made an emotional decision cause of how I felt I played the last few practices. The last thing on my mind was for this to be the end result in this situation…. I know I [expletive] up, and I want you to know I never meant for this to turn out the way it did.”
-Screenshots from text conversation
That apology will not allow Fields to stay on the team. The starting defensive back was dismissed last week. TCU takes the field in Week 0 vs. North Carolina.
Ezukanma says that he was hospitalized as a result of the sucker punch. Another person in the video claims that Fields kicked the wideout after he lost consciousness.
Fields is the reigning CUSA Defensive Player of the Year. He logged 92 tackles and three interceptions a year ago.
Ezukanma has appeared in eight games for the Horned Frogs across two seasons. He’s recorded two catches for 28 yards.
The post TCU Football Player Accuses Booted Teammate Of Dirty Sucker Punch In Retaliation Of Hard Block appeared first on BroBible.
TCU Football Player Accuses Booted Teammate Of Dirty Sucker Punch In Retaliation Of Hard Block
Pinoy Human Rights

0 Comments