Dave Portnoy Rips Stephanie White’s Fiery Response To Fever Fans Who Want Her Fired


Barstool’s Dave Portnoy was not a fan of Stephanie White’s clapback response to the media and fans calling for her to be fired.

Earlier this week, White faced backlash from fans and the media after she defended DiJonai Carrington’s hard foul on Sophie Cunningham.

Portnoy went viral when he called on White to be fired for her comments.

On Tuesday night before the Fever’s game against the Liberty, White said she didn’t see Carrington’s hard foul, and fired back at people like Portnoy who want her fired.

“For those who have anything to say about the play in the last game, I didn’t see the play in real time. I went straight to a press conference. I thought the play got called right. Thankfully, Sophie’s okay. Was it egregious? Absolutely. When you have a chance to watch that over and over and over on replay, you can see that I didn’t have that in real time. I take personally any suggestions that I don’t 100% always have my players back. I ride with them 10 toes down all the time. All the time. They know that. It’s a shame that we can’t have an opportunity to talk about what great basketball they’re playing. Because they are f-cking playing.”

“The hate, the fear-mongering, the divisiveness, the stuff that’s trying to hijack our league will not win. It won’t win. We are united. We are connected. We will not be divided. “Every day, these women put their a– on the line. … I stand by them. I will always stand by them. Everybody else can go to hell.”

On Wednesday morning, Portnoy ripped into White’s response and said he wants her to defend the Fever and their players.

Like, what do you mean you didn’t see it? You have the best seat in the house.You don’t watch it on the monitor.

“You don’t do anything.I think she should have just said, I screwed up. I shouldn’t have defended Carrington. I should have just defended Sophie and had my team’s back. All this other stuff about you’re not going to divide us. She’s talking about, I think, the league. She’s talking like, we’re not going to get the league hijacked. Listen, I don’t care what you think of the league, Stephanie White.”

“The Fever fans and their players get attacked and blamed for anything. If you burn your mouth on your food, it’s theFever’ss fault. So we want a coach who has our players and our teams and our fans back 100% of the time.”

The post Dave Portnoy Rips Stephanie White’s Fiery Response To Fever Fans Who Want Her Fired appeared first on BroBible.



Dave Portnoy Rips Stephanie White’s Fiery Response To Fever Fans Who Want Her Fired
Pinoy Human Rights

Post a Comment

0 Comments